Meaning “long sword” in English, the TSURUGI is a unique pruning saw that utilizes advanced materials and blade grinding techniques to deliver a durable, super slender “spine of teeth,” designed to cut hard-to-soft wood, even in tight quarters. In the prototype stage of development, professionals were amazed by the cutting power and surgical precision that this sleek new blade affords.
Thanks to Silky’s creative team, the TSURUGI comes to market as perhaps the lightest weight, best balanced “big saw” ever produced, having no handle screws, nuts or extraneous hardware to keep it together. The comfortable, 2-part rubber grip is held together by an ingenious integration with the blade tang. And as if the saw alone weren’t enough, each Silky TSURUGI handsaw comes in a unique aluminum scabbard that can be attached to the belt or leg depending on the users preference and has eight rollers protecting the entryway.
- 7.87-inch (200mm) blade length
- 8.5 teeth per inch (10 teeth per 30 mm) teeth configuration
- 0.47 pounds 405 grams) operating weight; 0.82 pounds (370 grams) weight with sheath
- Custom sheath with belt clip is included
- Limited lifetime warranty against defects in material and workmanship
This is a great little saw. The finer teeth and shorter blade length make this even better than the Tsurugi 300 for fine pruning on ornamental trees.