These scissors have been specifically designed to cut Kevlar, Carbon Fibre and many other materials.
- High carbon alloy steel with Molybdenum and Vanadium edge 60~62
- Cutting edge hardness HV1200
- One blade is micro-serrated along the whole edge
- Thermo Plastic Ambidextrous Handle
- 8 inch ( 205mm ) total length
When splicing, Kevlar is a material we occasionally cut. More often we're cutting Dyneema, Spectra and Vectran.
These scissors work brilliantly on these fibres. Where other scissors seem to slide around, bend the fibres or just not cut, these cut cleanly and easily.
The blades are also long enough to perform a nice taper when fanning out the fibres of the ropes.
These are the scissors of choice by the splicers here at Treegear.